Breakfast and After School Club
West Down Breakfast Club is now up and running! This is led by Sue Bond. The children are offered a choice of play activities including crafts, construction and outdoor play. The children are offered the opportunity to complete homework in a quiet area if they choose and all children are offered breakfast. The atmosphere is relaxed and the children can enjoy spending time with their friends.
Booking forms (available from the office) can be handed in at the school office or emailed to email@example.com
(West Down Clubs are available to all school aged children.)
Start time: 8am until the start of school (term time only)
Pre-booked Breakfast Club sessions costs £2.50 per school aged child. This includes breakfast.
24 places – first come first served basis!
Berrynarbor After School Club and Breakfast Club is run by the school and staffed by adults who are employed by the school and know the children well. The children are offered a choice of play activities including crafts, construction and outdoor play. The children are offered the opportunity to complete homework in a quiet area if they choose and all children are offered a healthy snack. The atmosphere is relaxed and the children can enjoy spending time with their friends.
Our School Clubs Coordinator, Mrs Sophie Bird organises the provision and takes and confirms bookings from parents. Booking forms can be handed in at the school office or emailed to
School aged children: Booked sessions are £2.60 per session. Adhoc bookings will increase to £3.10 per session.
Preschool children aged 3 years plus: Booked sessions will increase to £3.50, Adhoc sessions are no longer available.
Starts at 8am and this includes breakfast.
Berrynarbor Afterschool Club
Afterschool club can stay open only as late as we have enough children to cover the costs of providing the service. Adhoc bookings can only be taken when the service is already open and space for an additional child is available. Daily end times change each half term depending on bookings but at the current time this is:
Monday - 4.10pm
Tuesday - 5.30pm
Wednesday – 4.10pm
Thursday – 5.30pm
Friday – 4.30pm
The following changes have been made to the booking policy to take effect from 29th April 2019:
• One hour minimum for adhoc bookings
• Late charge to cover the cost of additional staffing – up to £15 per hour (minimum charge 30 minutes). We will not make a profit on this but must cover the cost of staff to care for your child.
• Increased fees – booked hours £3.70 per hour (minimum 30 minute session)
• Increased fees – adhoc hours £4.50 per hour (minimum 60 minutes and then sessions of 30 minutes thereafter)
• Booked sessions must be booked by the end of the first day of each half term for that half term, to take advantage of the booked discount. Bookings taken after this time will be charged at the adhoc rate. Booking hours half a term at a time allows us manage our staffing budget more effectively and we pass this saving on to parents by charging less per hour.
Please can you let the office know when a payment is made via Parentmail. Confirming the order number, amount and date it relates to. This enables payments to be allocated correctly.
Our Breakfast, and Afterschool Clubs are run in house as part of our extended service. This means that the service is Ofsted registered and so parents can either use tax free child care vouchers or claim the child care element of working tax credits to help pay for the service. If you would like more information about either of these options, please ask at the school office.
At the end of the school day, children in YR to Y2 are dismissed directly into the care of a known adult – this means that the school staff only allow them to leave the class when they can see the adult collecting them. This system is applied to children in YR-Y2 booked into afterschool club too. KS2 children (Y3,Y4,Y5 and Y6) are dismissed from the classroom and not directly to an adult. A member of staff will remind Y3-Y4 children who is booked into afterschool club and tell them to make their way to the next door classroom to meet the afterschool staff. Y5-Y6 children are expected to remember when they are booked into after school club and take themselves there independently – this helps our older children to prepare for secondary school. If a child in KS2 does not arrive in afterschool club when they are expected, staff will make immediate attempts to find the child and, if needed, contact their parents. Please let us know if your child will not be attending a booked afterschool session for any reason. Booking will be confirmed within a week so that parents can be confident that afterschool staff are expecting their child and they will be safe. If you have not received confirmation of your booking please contact the school office.
Registration and Booking Procedures
Berrynarbor School Clubs are available to all Children aged three to twelve years. We aim to ensure that the club welcomes all sections of the community through open and clearly communicated booking and registration procedures.
The club is flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families.
Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis. The club accepts up to 24 children per session when sessions are booked in advance. Children will be placed on a waiting list for particular sessions if the club exceeds this number, Parents/ Carers will be contacted once a place becomes available.
Booking forms are issued via the school before the start of each half term and can be download on the West Berry website, or from the school office. Forms should be returned with payment, in advance by cheque, cash or childcare voucher, prior to the start of that booking period.
Ad hoc bookings can be made via the school office but are subject to places being available and appropriate staff numbers, the Co-ordinator will confirm places. Ad hoc sessions should be paid for at the time of booking or when collecting a child. We have the right to refuse any family for non-payment of fees.
Refunds for cancelled sessions will not be issued unless one month's notice is given to the School Office
Permanent place: Once booked, if a child does not attend for any reason, you will still be charged for this place. If you wish to cancel the place altogether, one month's notice in writing is required.
Temporary booking: We will accept temporary or occasional bookings as long as there are places available. If a temporary place has been booked and is no longer required, the club must be given 48 hour's notice. If notice is not given, the place will still be charged for.
Terms and Conditions of booking
1) Bookings must be made in advance to the office.
2) Fees must be paid half termly in advance.
3) Ad-hoc bookings will be accepted if places are available, but must be paid for at the time of booking. The club has the right to exclude a family for non-payment of fees.
4) Refunds for cancelled sessions will not be credited unless notice is given within stated time limits.
5) All KS1 children (Mulberry and Aspen class) from Berrynarbor VC Primary School will be collected from their classroom. KS2 children (Pine and Alder class) Berrynarbor VC Primary School from will make their own way to the club.
6) Children must be collected promptly at the scheduled end of the session. Parents collecting their child more than 5 mins late may be charged for the additional 30min period.
7) Children will only be allowed to leave the club with a known parent or carer unless prior permission is given to staff. The club will refuse collection of a child if the person is unknown to the staff or no permission has been given.
8) The club reserves the right to exclude a child if he or she consistently misbehaves or if any of the terms and conditions are not adhered to. Prior to exclusion, any problems will be discussed with the Parent/ Carer in order, to attempt to resolve the difficulties amicably.
As our School clubs are run by the school and staffed by school employees they adhere to all the same stringent policies as the rest of the school. These policies can be accessed via the school web site. www.westberryfederation.org.uk.